Saturday 27 September 2014

One helping


Day 1 Saturday

I haven't started and have  already quit, but of course by mum was persuaded to keep doing it
First day of the school holidays, and we have started with the Tear Fund $2.25 per day food challenge.

Lunch was good, left me a little hungry, but nice at the time.  Vegetable fritter made by my brother.

Dinner was a lot of vegetables, chickpeas and green beans - not my favourite. The cost of this meal was 47cents per serving, a nice easy meal to cook as I was the chef.  The dessert was really nice and topped off the dinner, as you can see in the photo.  Chocolate custard with homegrown apple and blueberry sauce. The chocolate custard was 38cents and the apple and blue was from the garden and free.

Missing the milk, need to buy a cow, but out of the budget. Herbal tea at 5 cents a bag, with a smidgen of honey for my bed time drink.

This is a good book for people on a low income, university students studying.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment